A. Compliance with Legal Requirements
1. Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual Property that is created for the company by its employees is property of ID123 unless otherwise agreed upon by means of third-party agreements or contracts.
- No User may transmit to, or disseminate from, the Internet any material that is protected by copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, or trade secret, unless such disclosure is properly authorized and bears the appropriate notations.
2. Prevention of Misuse of Information Processing Facilities
Users are prohibited from using our data processing facilities—including data centers, network cabinets or closets, and other facilities housing our technology equipment–in any way that violates any company Policy or federal, state, or municipal law.
3. Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations
ID123 is subject to certain laws and regulations related to information security and privacy of information. These laws and regulations, in some circumstances, may require additional safeguards for the protection of information beyond the stipulations of this Policy. (For example, when accessing credit/debit cardholder data remotely, it is never to be stored on local hard drives, floppy disks, or external media. Furthermore, cut-and-paste and print functions are prohibited during remote access sessions.) Accordingly, Users with access to Protected Health Information (PHI) must abide by HIPAA, and Users with access to credit/debit card information must abide by PCI, as applicable.
4. Compliance with Security Policies and Standards
All Users must read and sign our Confidentiality and Acceptable Use Agreement prior to being authorized to access our information technology and information assets.