The following procedures shall be in force to manage technical, physical, and administrative controls and safeguards for [LEP] workstations:
1. PHYSICAL SAFEGUARDS
Physical access to workstations shall be restricted to authorized personnel. Employees shall prevent unauthorized viewing of information on a screen by:
- Ensuring monitors are positioned away from public view
- If necessary, privacy screen filters or other physical barriers to prevent public viewing shall be installed
- Manually activating a password protected screen saver when staff leave their desk
- Exiting running applications and closing any open documents
- Ensuring workstations are logged off at the end of each business day
2. OPERATIONAL SAFEGUARDS
Employees shall use workstations for authorized business purposes only and only approved personnel may install software on workstations. All sensitive information must be stored on network servers and not on Workstations. Staff shall comply with all applicable policies and procedures related to desktop computing.
Systems administrators issuing Workstations shall ensure that all workstations use a surge protector and/or a UPS battery backup. Workstations shall have all critical security updates and patches installed in a timely manner.