The following procedures are to be followed by system operations personnel and other designated Company personnel in the event of an emergency.
A. Data backup policy
Full and incremental backups should be taken to preserve corporate information assets and should be performed Backups should be stored in a secure, geographically separate location from the original.
B. Emergency Locations
In the event of any situation where access to a building is denied, personnel should report to alternate locations. Primary and secondary locations are listed below.
397 Moody St. #202 Waltham, MA 02453, USA
C. In the event of a natural disaster
In the event of a major catastrophe affecting the Company facility or Data Center, immediately notify senior management.
– Step 1. Notify EMT and DRT of pending events, if time permits.
– Step 2. If the impending natural disaster can be tracked, begin preparation of site within 48 hours as follows:
- Deploy portable power supplies
- Deploy support personnel
- Deploy replacement modems and phones
- Acquire basic necessities such as:
- Cash for one week
- Food and water for one week
- Supplies, including batteries, flashlights, medical supplies, etc.
Step 3: 24 hours prior to event:
- Create an image of the system and files
- Backup critical system elements
- Verify backup power supplies
- Create backups of e-mail, file servers, etc
- Notify senior management
D. In the event of a fire
If fire or smoke is present in the facility, evaluate the situation, determine the severity, categorize the fire as major or minor and take the appropriate action as defined in this section. Call 9-1-1 as soon as possible if the situation warrants it.
· Attempt to extinguish minor fires using hand-held fire extinguishers.
· Call 9-1-1 in the event of a major fire and immediately evacuate the area.
· A supervisor should remain nearby until the fire department arrives.
· In the event of a major catastrophe, notify senior management.
– Step 1: Dial 9-1-1 to contact the fire department.
– Step 2: Immediately notify all facility personnel of the situation and evacuate
– Step 3: Alert the EMT and DRT.
– Step 4: Notify Building Security.
– Step 5: Contact appropriate vendor personnel to aid in the decision regarding the protection of equipment.
– Step 6: All personnel evacuating the facilities will meet at their assigned outside location
E. In the event of a network services provider outage
In the event of a network service provider outage to any location, the guidelines and procedures in this section are to be followed.
– Step 1: Notify senior management of the outage.
– Step 2: Determine the cause of the outage and the timeframe for its recovery.
– Step 3: If the outage will be greater than one hour, route all calls via alternate services like mobile phones and all data via Mobile Hotspots.
F. In the event of a flood or water damage
In the event of a flood or broken water pipe within any facilities, the guidelines and procedures in this section are to be followed.
– Step 1: Assess the situation and determine if outside assistance is needed; if this is the case, dial 9-1-1 immediately.
– Step 2: Immediately notify all other personnel in the facility of the situation.
– Step 3: If water is not endangering equipment, contact repair personnel immediately.
– Step 4: If water is of a major quantity, immediately implement power-down procedures. While power-down procedures are in progress, evacuate the area